Cache Lake - Anyone Know Where It Is?

Hikes, tracks, trails, walks, climbings, wilderness reports, vehicles, camping, landscape pictures and trip reports...

Cache Lake - Anyone Know Where It Is?

New postby graycenphil on Thu 14 Aug 2008 20:44

Since I was a kid, I've enjoyed reading Cache Lake Country. I've always wondered where it is, or if it even really exists.

Has anyone found it? Is the cabin still there?

Thanks.
graycenphil

Re: Cache Lake - Anyone Know Where It Is?

New postby Jimbo on Sat 16 Aug 2008 13:02

I believe that some people have tried to locate the lake over the years, but with no real success.
In the end it's where it's supposed to be - in the minds and hearts of the readers...
Jimbo

New postby graycenphil on Sun 17 Aug 2008 03:29

You are probably right, and that is probably best. Still, I can't help wondering....
graycenphil

New postby Jimbo on Mon 18 Aug 2008 13:01

There are lots of places which you can actually locate such as Kephart's and RM Patterson's cabin sites etc, but even when you can locate places mentioned in books, you'd have to spend some time to see the appeal of the places, or what they're really like. At least that's what I'm finding as I visit grand-kids in western Alberta. This is a beautiful sunny place in summer, but we've had two hailstorms in the last two weeks... I haven't seen August hail since I lived on the prairies.

With Cache Lake, finding the place complete with fishing camps and tourists might ruin things...
Jimbo

New postby graycenphil on Wed 20 Aug 2008 01:11

I've thought about that posssibility (runing the image), but I think I'm ready to take that chance. It's probably almost 40 years now I've been wondering where it is.
graycenphil

Return to Pathways and blogs